Residential Deputy Manager
Specific Hours: 08:00am - 20:00pm (12 hour shifts)
Salary: Up to £38,261.76 per annum (includes being on call and sleep ins)
Location: Soham, Cambridgeshire
NEW HOME OPENING!
The Area Camden group are part of the Polaris Community and aims to provide the highest levels of care and service to enable young people to achieve their goals.
As Deputy Manager you will support the Registered Manager in all aspects of the day-to-day running of Area Camden's service delivery. Promoting a caring environment which provides young people aged 11 to 18 with a high standard of specialised personal care, meeting individual needs and ensuring everyone is treated with respect and dignity and rights to privacy and independence. To support the Registered Manager to supervise, monitor and evaluate the care delivered to young people ensuring legal and up to date registration requirements are delivered in line with Area Camden's Statement of Purpose.
- To work under the direction of the Registered Manager (RM) - homes manager and deputise for the Registered Manager as and when required.
- To supervise Key/Support Workers and ensure supervision processes are implemented and recorded with designated staff.
- To support the RM with the day-to-day running of all aspects of the home including; the standards and quality of care, recruitment and training, communication with the team, the premises of the Care Home and financial matters.
- To recognise and assess individuals' needs, involving relevant professional agencies and relatives where needed, in order to formulate personalised care plans for each individual including identifying and supporting young people's cultural, social and emotional needs and interests.
- To provide the highest level of personal care and attention to young people following individual care plans carefully and ensuring all contact is polite, friendly, warm and supportive.
- Promoting the social and emotional wellbeing & development of young people and to consistently strive to further develop these skills.
- To promote and encourage positive behaviour, education, independence and self-determination.
Click 'Apply' for a full list of tasks and responsibilties for this role.
Essential skills required:
- Residential childcare experience (2+ years)
- Hold Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce or equivalent
- Child Protection experience
- Leadership and staff supervision skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication
- Management of budgets and staff rotas
- Project management skills and have an enthusiastic disposition
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing personal development
- Be proactive, solution focused and have an enthusiastic disposition
- A robust Induction and mandatory training program to up skill our workforce
- Progression within the organisation on promotion and development of given role
- Weekly rota on rotation 08:00pm- 20:00pm i.e. (1 week) - Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday= 36 hours. (2 week) - Monday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday= 48 hours
- A sleep in allowance of up to £85.50 per night (10pm-7am)- potential extra earning of up to £4104
- Minimum average of 168 hours per calendar month
- 236 hours annual leave per annum (including bank holidays)
- Holiday increase per year - 12 extra hours for 3 years (capped at 272 hours)
- Pension scheme after a qualifying period- 3% Employer contribution
Polaris is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to a DBS check at enhanced level if successful for the position.