Managing Consultant/Associate - Ecology
This role will involve working with teams and projects that are run from the London office, however we encourage candidates to apply from different locations if they are willing to travel to London. In either instance there is an expectation for occasional site work and office work in other Ramboll UK offices.
Are you ready to take the next step in your ecology career and lead a team? Are you looking for a role where you can work with high-calibre specialists across disciplines to make a real difference? Do you want to work at a company that truly puts sustainability first?
If this sounds like you, or you're curious to learn more, then this role could be the perfect opportunity. Join our Ecosystems Solutions department as our new Managing Consultant/Associate in Ecology and work with us to close the gap to a sustainable future.
Your new role
As our new Managing Consultant/Associate in Ecology, you will be managing a team of ecologists as well as managing and assisting with a range of projects spanning several sectors. Project work will be varied, covering a broad range of ecology services including EIA and HRA and public, commercial, residential, transport and energy projects. The role will also involve reporting, ecological mitigation design and liaising with relevant stakeholders. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic and expanding team delivering on key projects and to further develop a variety of skills within the environmental consultancy sector.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Main point of contact for Ramboll project managers and other Ramboll disciplines in the office; main point of contact with clients, partner organisations and sub-consultants
- Managing projects including ecology input to large scale projects
- Delivering technical work on complex projects on time and managing them to budget
- Business development, fee proposal preparation and client relationship management
- Effective resource planning, management and mentoring of an ecology team in a multi-disciplinary consultancy environment
- Supervision and management of sub-consultants.
- Managing and planning ecological surveys and producing and reviewing high quality reports including habitat and species surveys (e.g. Preliminary Ecological Appraisal, Ecological Impact Assessment, ES Chapters)
- Liaising with ecological regulators and planning authorities
Your new team
You will be part of a specialist team including ecologists, nature based solutions specialists and ecotoxicologists delivering work in support of sustainable development, including biodiversity net gain, natural capital accounting and ecosystem services. We are a growing, ambitious and diverse team with a unique integrated approach; the team is dynamic and friendly, delivering work for a range of clients.
Our team is small enough that you will get to know everyone and feel you have a significant role to play, big enough that there are people to bounce ideas off and with a range of different specialists and we are doing some interesting work on nature positive/corporate BNG work/renewables. There is an interesting variety of work and opportunity to collaborate with colleagues in a variety of other environmental disciplines.
From the moment you start at Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you can continue to grow with the company. Whilst we look forward to supporting your continued learning and development, for this role we have identified some qualifications, skills, and capabilities that will set you up for success.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CEnv or CEcol desirable)
- Protected species licence(s) (bats would be advantageous), in particular experience of named ecologist on European Protected Species Mitigation Licence(s), Low Impact Class Licences or badger development licences.
- Appropriate BSc or equivalent qualification (MSc in a relevant environmental discipline is desirable but not essential)
- Capable of producing clear and concise deliverables to a high technical standard
- Highly organised and able to work efficiently and effectively to deadlines
- Good knowledge of relevant environmental/ecology legislation
- An understanding of the UK planning system in relation to development and the integration of ecology
- Proficient user of MS Office software
- Full clean UK driving licence
What we can offer you:
- Flexible work environment
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Matched pension contributions
- Private medical cover and life assurance
- Investment in your development
- Leaders you can count on, guided by our Leadership Principles
- The long-term thinking of a foundation-owned company
Work at the heart of sustainable change
Ramboll is a global architecture, engineering, and consultancy company. We believe that the purpose of sustainable change is to create a thriving world for both nature and people. So, that's where we start - and how we work. At Ramboll, our core strength is our people, and our history is rooted in a clear vision of how a responsible company should act. Being open and curious is a cornerstone of our culture. We embrace an inclusive mindset that looks for fresh, diverse, and innovative perspectives. We respect, embrace, and invite diversity in all forms to actively cultivate an environment where everyone can flourish and realise their full potential.
Ready to join us?
Please submit your application. Be sure to include all relevant documents including your CV, cover letter, etc.
We recognise that some candidates only apply when they tick every box. However, passion and potential often outweigh a perfect resume and Ramboll's supportive learning culture can help you grow. So if this role resonates with you but you don't meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply. You might be the perfect fit for this opportunity or another within our team.
Thank you for taking the time to apply! We look forward to receiving your application.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a foundation-owned people company. Ramboll has a proven track record of sustainable and responsible business and is a top ten engineering and environmental and sustainability consultancy in the UK, with more than 1,500 employees across 16 offices working towards a more sustainable future. Ramboll experts deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health, and Energy. Strong values guide what we do and drive an inclusive, collaborative, and highly flexible culture that values people and ideas. Explore and nurture your own passion, expertise, and creativity at Ramboll through work that benefits our people, partners, nature, and society.
An equal opportunity employer
Equality, diversity, and inclusion is at the heart of what we do. At Ramboll, we believe that diversity is a strength and that different experiences and perspectives are essential to creating truly sustainable societies. We are committed to providing an inclusive and supportive work environment, where everyone is able to flourish and reach their potential. We invite applications from candidates of all backgrounds and characteristics, in addition to the Protected Characteristics as set out in the Equality Act, (2010). As a Disability Confident Committed employer, Ramboll ensures opportunities are accessible to candidates with disabilities. Please reach out to our recruitment team to discuss any adjustments that you might require during the application process. We also know how important it is to achieve the right balance of where, when, and how much you work. When you join Ramboll, you'll have the ability to work your hours flexibly through our positive and inclusive approach to work.Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.