Weapons Engineering / Armourer Trainer
The role will be teaching students in all aspects of the trade, stripping and assembling, fault finding & repairs on most of the current in-service weapon systems. The successful candidate will work within the existing training team delivering high quality military apprentice training.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- To prepare relevant training material to provide relevant Weapons Training
- Maintain personal CPD portfolio in respect of new technologies and equipment, and new training delivery methodologies.
- Ensure that lesson plans and training sessions are developed in accordance with the approved training Documentation and reviewing course content
- Assessment of trainees to include written examination and practical assessments.
- Creation of practical assessment/examination scenario and continuous assessments.
- Marking of examination papers, setting and marking of course and homework, invigilation of examination and assessments.
- Provide coaching and mentoring of trainees to best support their learning experience.
- Ensuring student development through monitoring, feedback appraisal, ensuring all supporting documentation is maintained and addressing any special student developmental needs.
- Student administration including course reports and student training records.
- To be responsible for the duty of care of trainees during the delivery of training.
This role would suit an Armourer or Multi skilled mechanical engineer with high level of experience and some prior coaching or mentoring experience who would relish the challenge of a new job role. We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Qualified Minimum CGLI City & Guilds part 3 or above, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent military qualification.
- Minimum 5 years experience in engineering
- Very good IT Skills
- Teaching Qualification or Defence Train The Trainer Course would be desirable but not essential
- Engineering teaching experience in further education would be an advantage
My client is offering
- A starting salary of £34,500 - 37,000 (depending on qualifications)
- A full time permanent contract
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Buy & Sell Annual leave
- 'Be Kind Day' for volunteering work
SC clearance is required for this role and applicants must be based in the UK.
If you are interested in this vacancy please email Lena Clark at Barclay Meade.