Chef de Partie
Speedboat are seeking a Chef de Partie to join their team. The successful candidate will be friendly, personable and passionate about all things food and drink. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Chef de Partie looking for a new role in an award winning, critically acclaimed group.
In partnership with Chef Luke Farrell, Speedboat Bar takes inspiration from the Thai-Chinese restaurants in Bangkok s Chinatown and the thrilling sport of Speedboat racing along the canals (klongs) of Thailand.
The menu explores the ingredients, flavours and techniques that took Luke to Bangkok and its unique foodways; Chinese in origin but now uniquely Thai. A masterclass in wok cooking, roasted meats and spicy sauces, each hinging on the specialist Thai herbs and ingredients cultivated and grown at Luke s nursery, Ryewater, in Dorset.
The bar focuses on sharing Singha beer towers, slushies and chasers; the signature Speedboat cocktails Snakesblood Negroni; Shop Window Old Fashioned; and Jelly Bia made with frozen Leo Lager; as well as softs such as a Snakefruit soda.
We're looking for an experienced Chef de Partie to join our kitchen team, creating exceptional dishes and delivering an all-encapsulating experience to our guests. You'll have experience working in a quality kitchen, adhering to standard operating and Health and Safety procedures. More importantly we are looking for people for as passionate about food and hospitality as we are!
If you have the following, then we want to hear from you:
- Prior experience as a Chef de Partie within a fast-paced quality, restaurant;
- Eagerness to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in;
- A creative approach with impeccable attention to detail;
- Passion for about food and hospitality, along with the eagerness to continually learn;
- The desire to develop your career within an ambitious and trend-setting restaurant group;
Benefits & Culture
Our team is the most important part of our business, translating our passion for genuine hospitality to our guests every day. We are proud to work with industry-leading talent and recognise the importance of offering our teams the tools, guidance and experience necessary to build confidence and grow.
We encourage you to bring your whole self to work and celebrate the skills and characteristics that make you unique. Your commitment to be kind and work hard comes with a range of benefits such as:
- Up to 50% off dining across JKS Restaurants
- Retail & Takeaway Discounts
- Code App Membership
- Perkbox - access to tons of retail discounts and our wellbeing hub
Look After Yourself
- Additional £15 for late finish (Fri & Sat)
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Company Donations for your involvement with Charities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to Financial Advice
- Wedding Gift & New-born Care Package - Celebrating your big occasions
- Access to our fantastic L&D Calendar
- A personalised learning & development plan to develop your skills and knowledge
- Career progression with a fast-growing, critically acclaimed restaurant group.
- Employee referral scheme - paying up to £600 per referral
- Staff parties & long service awards
JKS Restaurants was founded by siblings Jyotin, Karam and Sunaina Sethi in November 2008. The group has received critical acclaim and industry recognition since its inception, including 6 Michelin stars, 4 Michelin Bib Gourmands and one restaurant ranked in the World s 100 Best restaurants.
The JKS portfolio currently includes Michelin Starred restaurants Trishna, Gymkhana, Kitchen Table, Sabor and Lyle s; as well as cult favourites Hoppers, BAO, Brigadiers, Berenjak, Plaza Khao Gaeng, Speedboat Bar and Bibi. Pubs include The Cadogan Arms and The George.
JKS Restaurants offers a unique chance to either pursue a career in fine dining or develop within casual trend focused cuisine, with opportunities across all disciplines for those looking to progress their careers within a people focused, collaborative hospitality group.