Maintenance Electrician - Mobile - East Midlands
Are you an experienced Maintenance Electrician from a Readymix, Quarrying, Plant Production or Heavy Engineering environment looking for your next permanent role? Then read on as we may just have the role for you
Tarmac is the UK s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Electrician to join our fantastic team located from our Tarmac Mountsorrel site, close to Loughborough in Leicestershire. Whilst you will have a dedicated home location, the role is a mobile position so you will support the maintenance operations across several of our Readymix RMX production facilities in the East Midlands region. The role is easily commutable from Atherstone, Nuneaton, Bedworth, Hinkley, Burbage, Tamworth, Coleshill, Birmingham, Solihull, Coventry, Leicester, Loughborough, Ibstock, Bardon Hill, Coalville, Lichfield and the surrounding areas.
We re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, as our Maintenance Electrician, you will be responsible for undertaking plant maintenance, repairs and improvements to ensure maximum reliability of all plant associated areas and to assist both maintenance and operational team members in all aspects of plant operation. Prior knowledge of working on Cement / Readymix plants would prove highly advantageous.
Your responsibilities as the Maintenance Electrician will include:
- Respond to plant breakdowns, when necessary and be responsible for the correct and efficient repair of equipment keeping downtime to a minimum with timely and safe adherence to the maintenance plan whilst complying to all relevant statutory legislation and the internal company Safety, Health and Environmental standards
- Continue to improve plant performance whilst maintaining safety, maintenance and asset reliability
- Contribute to the in-house development of the Computer Maintenance Management System
- In support of the maintenance and operations functions, you will utilise documents, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated guidelines for the safe and efficient maintenance of equipment within the Electrical Engineering department as appropriate
The role is a Monday to Friday DAYS role with overtime available and on call requirements to meet with the site production needs
You must hold a full UK manual car driving license with no more that 6 penalty points to be considered for the role
The Ideal Candidate
The role of Maintenance Electrician is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires:
- ESSENTIAL Level 3 Apprentice trained Electrician and ONC/NVQ Level 3 in Electrical Engineering
- 18th Edition - BS7671 I.E.E Regulations and Legislation
- Have experience of TPM methodology and Continuous Improvement
- Working knowledge of relevant electrical and control engineering maintenance principles and practices, and experience of working in a relevant heavy engineering industry
- Working knowledge and experience of Industrial Low Voltage power distribution systems
- A good working understanding of PLC s and the use of the associated tools and techniques for the interrogation of the software
- Knowledge and understanding the operation of AC Drives and Motors
- Knowledgeable in the area of Predictive Maintenance
- Experience in working with a Computer Maintenance Management System
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode & Effect Analysis tools/techniques
- Understands database systems as relevant to planned maintenance and logging of shift activities
- Able to design simple electrical systems and draw schematic diagrams then transfer the information into practical use
- Know how to perform electrical statutory tests and inspections and understand safe use of electrical test and measuring instruments
- An understanding of mechanical systems including hydraulics and pneumatics and understand National and International codes and symbols used on drawings and specifications
- Ability to learn Health and Safety rules applicable to each department regarding their own and other operators safety
Along with the role of Maintenance Electrician we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Company van for work travel
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.