Timber Frame Management has an exciting opportunity for a Timber Frame Estimator. You will be responsible for producing detailed and accurate quotes for our packages to meet clients/business requirements. We are looking for an individual with natural ability to build rapport with clients and provide technical knowledge from experience in Timber Frame including Posi-Joist floors.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Price, design & build tenders from first principles by measurement and application of unit rates.
- Obtain Sub-Contract quotations for key work packages, undertake a comprehensive review of quotations received and incorporate the most commercially suitable quotation within the tender.
- To understand the whole tender requirements under different forms of Design & Build Contracts including JCT and NEC with the aim of considering commercial risks and mitigation solutions.
- Present tender submissions to senior managerment for pre-submission appraisals, advising on commercial risks and opportunity.
- Ensure Tenders are submitted on time to a high quality and within profitably guidelines.
- Liaise with and manage all other departments required to support tender submissions , to ensure all suporting information is provided in a timely manner.
- To be the point of contact to receive and respond to contract overspends in conjection with the relevant project.
- Attend internal and external meetings to support the delivery of projects in-line with budgets and programme requirements.
- Supply commercial support and assistance in valuing variation.
- To develop and simplify the existing Estimating Process.
- Undertake any other duties as requested in the support of the estimating department and function.
- Profficent in the use of MS Office Package with a strong bias to Excel.
- Proven experience as an estimator within the construction industry, ideally with a focus on Timber Frame projects.
- A good understanding of timber frame construction methods, Materials and industry standards.
- Profficient in using estimating tools.
- Meticulous in analysing project details and calculating costs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Travel occasionally for site visits
Consideration will be given for hybrid working, to meet our business and the candidates requirements