Adults Senior Social Workers - Mid Surrey
This role has a starting salary of £44,614 - £47,681 per annum, based on a 36 hour working week.
We are excited to be hiring new Senior Social Workers to join our fantastic Mid Surrey team. The teams are based in Epsom, Esher and Dorking.
At Surrey, we are proud to be leading the way in implementing new ways of working in personalisation and a recovery-focused strength-based approach. Our goal is for our service-users to be able to be more in control of their care, making informed choices and being active citizens in their community.
Rewards and Benefits:
- 26 days' holiday (prorated for part time staff), rising to 28 days after 2 years' service and 30 days after 5 years' service
- Option to buy up to 10 days of additional annual leave
- An extensive Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) to support health and wellbeing
- Up to 5 days of carer's leave per year
- Paternity, adoption and dependants leave
- A generous local government salary related pension
- Lifestyle discounts including gym, travel, shopping and many more
- 2 paid volunteering days plus 1 team volunteering day per year
- Learning and development hub where you can access a wealth of resources
About the Role
Our roles across Mid Surrey are based in both hospital and community settings giving you the opportunity to choose which setting is your preferred and most in line with your profile and experience. Our offer includes different contract types and working patterns/hours.
Substantial post qualification professional experience as a social worker is required to be considered for this role. Experience of providing professional supervision (can include unqualified and non-professional supervision) would be desirable but not essential.
We are looking for a range of enthusiastic and dynamic qualified and registered social work professionals with a variety of skills and experiences. Whether you enjoy duty, long term assessment, or D2A work, etc. - we want to hear from you.
Please note this advert covers the whole Mid Surrey area so at the time of advertising we cannot guarantee a vacancy in all teams. However, we will work closely with you to ensure your application is considered for a team that suits you in line with our available posts.
To be considered for shortlisting for this position, your application will clearly evidence the following:
- Professional qualification in Social Work and current registration with Social Work England
- Successful completion of an Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) programme if qualified as a social worker after June 2012
- Experience in mental health service, including assessment and risk management skills
- Working knowledge of Care Act legislation including experience in preparation of support plans, monitoring and reviewing outcomes
- Commitment to your own professional development, including maintaining up-to-date knowledge of mental health issues
The closing date for this advert is 31/03/2024 although applications will be reviewed, and appointments made, on an on-going basis.
Before submitting your application, we recommend you read the job description. Our Life at Surrey handbook also attached provides insights of the culture at Surrey and how as a valued employee, you can help shape our Council.
We look forward to receiving your application, please click on the apply online button below to submit.
Surrey County Council is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. A guaranteed interview will be offered to all disabled applications where:
- The candidate has evidenced the minimum criteria for the role through their application
- The candidate has chosen to share that they have a disability on the application form
Our application form and onboarding process will provide an opportunity to request any reasonable adjustments for the interview and/or the role. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.