Plant Supervisor - RMX
Are you an experienced Supervisor or Manager from within a manufacturing, industrial or similar heavy industry environment; with exceptional people and customer facing skills? If this sounds like you then please read on as this could just be the role for you
At Tarmac, who you are matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Plant Supervisor to join our Tarmac Readymix RMX team based at our Washwood Heath Tarmac site. The site is easily accessible via most major road networks, based in the heart of the Midlands on the outskirts of Birmingham and without entering the new Green Zone . The plant is easily commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Walsall, Redditch, Wolverhampton, Nuneaton, Dudley, Sutton Coldfield, Bromsgrove, Tamworth and surrounding areas.
Due to the nature of the role we are open to accepting applications from candidates who can offer strong supervisory / management experience from within a similar heavy industry.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
The Plant Supervisor will manage and be accountable for the RMX operations on our plant. Safety and operational standards are the fundamentals of the role of Plant Supervisor with cost control, people management; both colleagues and contractors, delivery to customer needs and performance improvement being key. Managing plant compliance with business policies and procedures and ensuring that legislative compliance is also a strong aspect of the role.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the Plant Supervisor, not exhaustive:
- Leading and active supervisory of the RMX operational plant
- Delivery of toolbox talks - contractors
- Manage all aspects of daily production including operational costs and control stocks
- Efficient manufacture of concrete, controlling standard deviation and cement contents
- Drive operational performance through KPI s
- Timely resolution of queries assigned to the sector
- Take responsibility for their own safety and that of contractors, customers and business partners
- Maintain site housekeeping to a high standard
- Batch concrete to meet customer needs whilst meeting internal quality requirements
- Responsible for the budget in relation to the plants they are responsible for, these being both fixed and variable costs
Key Stakeholders you will liaise with in the responsibilities of this role:
- Business Manager - Area Director - Health & Safety team - Procurement and support teams - National Logistics team - Area Operations teams - Area Commercial teams - Area HR Manager - Industry Bodies Customers
The role is a DAYS role but we ask that you provide flexibility and adaptability to meet with the plant s production and our customers needs
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate for the position of Plant Supervisor you will have experience and knowledge of:
- Experience in plant operations - would prove highly beneficial
- Previous experience of a Readymix / Aggregates environment would prove highly beneficial
- Full knowledge of Risk Assessments and Safe System of Work Systems
- Working knowledge of production processes
- H&S and Environmental policies
- IOSH Managing Safely
- NVQ in fixed and mobile plant operations
- Able to actively identify and implement site and process improvements
- Able to look for opportunities to identify customer needs
- Able to effectively communicate to feed opportunities into customer services / sales
- Ability to multitask and manage change
In addition to the role of Plant Supervisor we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives, and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.