Do you want to join a market leading catering supplier with over 80 years' industry experience?
Do you want the opportunity to develop personally and professionally?
Do you want to join an exceptional team that delivers operational excellence?
Job Reference: CAT/JS/12-02/1068/6
Job Title: Chef Manager
Location: Site Based
Site Address: Hertford Road, Waltham Cross
Hours per week: Variable Shift Rota - 06:00 - 14:00 - 40 hours per week (Occasional Weekends)
How we reward our employees?
- Win a cash reward monthly in our Food Co Directors Star Award.
- All winners of Food Co Directors Star Award are entered into the Annual Star of the Year Award Winner receives £1000 holiday vouchers.
- 20% Discount at The Gym - 200 sites nationally.
- Discounted Merlin Passes for all employees to enjoy discounts on top attractions.
- Up to 40% Discount on RAC Membership.
- Up to 30% off Microsoft office 360 Packages.
- Wide range of retail discounts.
- Refer a friend scheme with up to £500 of rewards!
- Opportunities for personal and professional development via our Learning & Development platform.
- Career progression within a growing company.
- Access to WageStream giving you the ability to track your wages in real time and access 30% if your earned pay instantly.
We are currently recruiting for a dedicated and driven Chef Manager to join our Catering team. This role will be based at Hertford Road, Waltham Crossand will report to the Operations Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering our outstanding food and drink offering to our clients and site visitors.
What are the main responsibilities of the role?
- Coordinate and manage all catering and associated services at appointed premises.
- Food production in line with the company recipes, cooked and presented to a high specification.
- Planning and promotion of menus, stock control and EDI ordering of all supplies.
- To always be responsible for the security of the unit money.
- To recruit all local unit Team Members as agreed with the Operations Manager and appraise all unit Team Members on an agreed time scale.
What are we looking for
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK
- A driven and enthusiastic employee
- Someone who is willing to attain the highest standards possible.
- We are looking for an employee that is autonomous in their approach but also happy to work well in a team.
- Ideally, you will have your food handling certificate but don t worry if you don t, we can help you achieve this!
- A background in contract catering would be ideal but not essential.
- City & Guilds 706/1 and 706/2 or level 2 diploma in Professional Cookery (or equivalent).
- Food Safety Level 3 would be an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of health and safety and food safety.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills as you will be interacting with the customer base and onsite clients.
- A real passion for food and service, with the ability to prepare and cook good quality seasonal food.
- To save you on your laundry costs, we will provide you with a set of workwear based upon the number of days you work each week.
- We will provide you with safety footwear from the day you start.
The OCS Group is one of the Global Leaders in Contract Catering. We have 3 specialist brands within our catering division, which are:
- Angel Hill
- Academy and
- Groundhouse Coffee
Our catering division provides bespoke catering solutions in every sector and business type. We offer a full range of catering services, including full counter services, coffee & deli bars, hospitality & events. If this sounds like the sort of business you would like to join, then please do not hesitate to get in touch!
How to apply
Please click apply now and complete the application process!