A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Property Manager to join the Estates Team due to continued growth within the MMCG team.
Who we are:
We are a forward-thinking and colleague-centred care home provider with over 80 sites across the UK. The fact that we truly live and breathe our company values is what makes us really great, and our colleague's careers are at the heart of everything we do!
As Property Manager you will support the Estates Director and national portfolio of homes, engaging with Home Managers and internal Maintenance Teams to find the root cause of issues and prescribe relevant works to resolve. You will liaise with Contractors to drive rates, work on projects to make improvements and be hands on in your approach to property management.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the specified property portfolio, providing support, professional / technical advice and guidance across the disciplines within Property and Facilities management
- Ensuring the property portfolio is maintained to a high standard, adhering to approved budgets and company property policies
- Establishing strong relationships with all key stakeholders, particularly in operations and finance, managing Property service delivery standards
- Project managing small, medium works contracts and refurbishment projects, controlling budget, overseeing the responsible application of company capital and the delivery of projects on-time and on-budget
- Ensuring all estates management lease, landlord, and legal property requirements are managed in accordance with business directives
- Managing Regional Maintenance operatives
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will be a chartered building surveyor or have significant facilities management experience within a multi site organisation. In addition, you will have flexibility to travel at short notice with overnight stays required. You will be a straight talker with your finger on the pulse and have a desire to make improvements to a department with your knowledge, expertise and experience with all things property.
Knowledge and experience
- Member of RICS
- Degree or HNC/HND in Building Studies or equivalent
- Relevant experience in a similar role, demonstrating ability in Property (portfolio) management, Investment, FM and Estates management
- Track record of project and programme management in a similar business environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus (both verbally and written)
- Understanding and practical knowledge of building / healthcare regulations, statutory regulations in DDA, FRA, Asbestos management, CDM,HBN/HTM regulations and notes
- Ability to plan and manage budgets and deadlines effectively
- Ability to assess and use appropriate financial data
- Ability to negotiate, influence and manage external contractors and consultants
What we offer:
At MMCG we strongly believe in developing our colleagues to become the best they can be in their roles!
- Car allowance
- Simply Health - company funded, providing cashback for prescriptions, optical and dental costs 24/7 virtual GP access plus more for you and up to 4 children
- Benefits platform - discounts across multiple retailers, leisure providers, hospitality etc.
- Pension Scheme with Nest
- Personal car leases via salary sacrifice
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday Flex - purchase additional holiday
- Flexible working patterns
- Cycle to work scheme
- Recommend a friend
- Service recognition
- Training support and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellbeing support
- Discounted gym membership
Benefits require completion of a 12-week probationary period before they can be accessed.
Benefits subject to deductions not taking colleague below National Living Wage
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply now and a member of our team will get in touch to discuss your CV and provide you with more details!