Care Home Cook/Chef needed in Havant - Immediate start available
Vacancy Reference: PK60846
Are you an enthusiastic Chef or Cook who is tired of working the strenuous and traditional unsocial hours within a kitchen? We are seeking an experienced, caring and dedicated Chef to join our catering team in delivering high quality, fresh, home cooked meals for our residents working 7am-6pm shifts.
This is a full time, permanent Chef position paying 13.00 per hour. ( 30,420 per annum) The shifts are 7am-6pm on a contract up to 45 hours per week contract including some weekends, rotating with another Cook.
The position is working in an intimate 27 bedded Nursing Home that is a part of a family-run care company that likes to look after and support their staff. Candidates will ideally have a valid Food Hygiene Certificate, previous experience of working in a Care Home, School or similar environment would be advantageous but is not essential. A good understanding of Health and Safety and COSHH guidelines is required. Qualifications within Catering/Hospitality/Professional Cookery would be looked upon favourably but are not essential.
Key responsibilities of the new Cook include providing the residents with satisfying yet healthy food which is freshly prepared each day, working to create inspiring mealtimes for residents at the home. You will cater to all preferences and dietary requirements using locally sources fresh produce where possible. You will also be responsible for food stock levels and to keep the Kitchen clean and tidy whilst operating to the relevant statutory guidelines and principles
If you have previous experience as a Chef, Cook or Sous Chef and want to work in an extremely rewarding environment then apply now!
Care Home Cook / Chef Main Duties:
- Responsibility for the catering services within the Home
- Cook using fresh ingredients made from scratch as much as possible
- Prepare weekly food rotas and menus, paying particular attention to any special dietary requirements
- Have a full understanding of Health & Safety as well as Food Hygiene issues, COSHH, and working within the guidelines relating to cross infection
What we can offer the new Cook / Chef
- Competitive rates of pay
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Ongoing training and development
- Excellent support and a fun-loving, dedicated team
For more information on the Care Home Chef role please call Phil King on (phone number removed).