Night Transport Assistant
How would you like to work for a company which specialises in making people s holiday dreams come true?
Leger Shearings Group is the UK's largest escorted coach tour operator, offering self-drive breaks, holidays to the UK and Europe, specialist Battlefield Tours, and educational experiences across five different brands.
As the founding brand within the Group, and with over 40 years' experience in escorted touring, Leger Holidays offers great-value, fully escorted tours to the world's most sought-after destinations. From short breaks and worldwide adventures to river cruises, festive breaks and holidays designed for the single traveller, Leger offers hundreds of carefully planned itineraries, with something to suit every customer's interests.
Our days are spent turning people s holiday dreams into a reality from the first glimpse of the holidays in our advertising, to the fantastic experience on tour and the memories and friends they make along the way. Following the acquisition of Shearings in July 2020, as a Group, our presence in the UK increased significantly, offering hundreds of affordable breaks and inspiring itineraries to choose from.
We are now looking to grow our busy Transport Logistics team and are on the lookout for a Nights Transport Assistant. You will help support all aspects of transportation within the Leger Shearings Group to ensure the efficient operation of our tour and feeder programmes and be the first point of contact for passengers and external suppliers.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Be responsible for the night running of the site transport operation
- Routing and timing of all transport networks.
- Monitoring total journey times for feeders and tours and advising where action needs to be taken.
- Ensuring continued company compliance with legal driver s hours requirements.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with external suppliers including coach operators, ferry companies and airlines.
- Working with all members of the Transport team to aid the planning and scheduling of the auxiliary elements of the department.
- Making sure all operational administration is up to date.
- Working to tight deadlines in a high-pressured environment.
- Responding to Customer and Driver feedback to ensure improvements are made.
- Actioning cancellations/ consolidations and amendments with suppliers.
- Track logistic KPI metrics and report back to the contracts and logistics management tea
- Excellent geographical knowledge of the UK and Europe
- Must be a natural problem solver, able to make quick and effective decisions.
- Have a pro-active approach.
- Confident working on own initiative, as well as working as part of a team.
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Works well under pressure.
- Previous Transport Logistics experience essential.
- IT and numerical skills would be an advantage.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Previous transport experience essential - ideally working in an office environment.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task & prioritise workload.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- IT proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
REF-(Apply online only)